Saturday, December 12, 2009

Lost In San Francisco

My journey in California started in San Francisco, CA.
The story go back when I was a high school student.... I didn't know nothing about America except for WWII and Hollywood movie.... I was bored in my high school because it was boys-only highschool where took me close to 2 hours to get to...

I wanted to get out of there and my boring life!!

When I was looking for something to do, I found this information packet for an exchange program where you get to stay in American's family house for a month to learn American culture.

First thing I imagine was the movie "Home Alone." A big and crazy family, but it looked fun in the movie. My parents weren't that excited because it was a quite expensive program, but they thought it would improve my English grade (they never thought it would change my life completely.)

Well, I decide my destination to America where I can see Hollywood sign and film set. I talked to my program coordinator and told her that I wanted to see "Hollywood" sign and film set. She told me that she set me up with a great location!!

I arrived at SFO with bunch of Japanese students and was sent to Modesto, CA. ???????

It seems I am lost..... Where is "Hollywood????"





Golden Gate Bridge shots were shot in East of San Francisco. From San Francisco, take 101, drive across GGB, get off at first exit after vistapoint, make a left to go under freeway. It seems like the road will bring you back in freeway, but the road will split. Take one that is going up. Park on left where you see a building and hike up. It is very cold at night any season. I wore a dawn jacket in Summer Time. Do not go there on 4th of July to see fireworks. I was stuck there for about 2 hours...



Palace of Fine Arts: Take Lombard street toward GGB from Van Ness. Right before GGB entrance, look out for PFA or Palace of Fine Arts sign.


Trans America Building/financial district: shot in Vallejo St and Montgomery st near local CBS television station. They shot a part of "Hulk" here.




The musician in China Town: Insider information. He is usually in Grant and California. Please give him a couple of Dollars if you take photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment